Scooters are a fun and practical mode of transportation for kids. They provide a sense of independence, help develop balance and coordination, and can be used for commuting or leisure. However, with so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the best scooter for your child.
When looking for the best scooter for kids, there are a few critical things to consider. The first is the age and size of your child. Scooters come in various sizes, and it’s essential to choose one that is appropriate for your child’s height and weight. The second is the type of scooter. There are two main types: kick scooters and electric scooters. Kick scooters are powered by the rider’s foot, while electric scooters have a motor that propels them forward.
Safety is also a crucial factor to consider when choosing a scooter for your child. Look for features like a sturdy frame, reliable brakes, and a non-slip deck. Additionally, it’s essential to make sure your child wears appropriate safety gear, including a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.
We spent hours researching and testing various scooters to identify the best scooter for kids. In the following sections, we’ll share our top picks and what makes them stand out.
Best Scooters for Kids
As parents, we want our kids to have fun while being safe. Scooters are a great way to get kids outside and active, but with so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to find the best one for your child. That’s why we’ve done the research and compiled a list of the best scooters for kids. Our top picks are based on safety features, durability, ease of use, and overall fun factor. Whether your child is a beginner or a pro, we’ve got you covered. Check out our list below to find the perfect scooter for your little one.
If you’re looking for a lightweight and portable scooter for your kids, the Jetson Jupiter Folding Kick Scooter is a great choice.
- The scooter is easy to ride and has a smooth ride with shock-absorbing wheels.
- The Jupiter has over 100 LED lights for high visibility safety and nonstop fun!
- The foldable design makes it easy to take your scooter anywhere!
- The handlebars are not very wide, which can make it difficult to steer for some kids.
- The base of the scooter is made of plastic instead of metal, which may affect its durability in the long run.
- The scooter is best for kids up to 132 lbs, so it may not be suitable for older kids or teenagers.
We recently purchased the Jetson Jupiter Folding Kick Scooter for our 6-year-old daughter, and she absolutely loves it! The LED lights on the stem, wheels, and deck make it a fun and eye-catching ride, especially in the evening. The low deck design and shock-absorbing wheels make it easy for her to balance and ride smoothly, and the full contact rear brake provides a fast and easy stop without requiring a lot of force.
One of the best things about this scooter is its foldable and lightweight design, which makes it easy to take with us on family outings or store it away when not in use. The folding process is simple and can be done without any tools, which is great for kids who want to take responsibility for their own scooter.
Overall, we highly recommend the Jetson Jupiter Folding Kick Scooter for anyone looking for a fun and portable scooter for their kids. Just be aware of the handlebar width and weight limit before making your purchase.
If you’re looking for a durable and reliable scooter for your kids, then the HUDORA Scooter for Kids Ages 6-12 is definitely worth considering.
- The handlebars can be adjusted to four different heights for a comfortable ride.
- The patented folding system makes it easy to store and transport.
- The low-to-the-ground deck and foot brake make for a smooth and comfortable ride.
- The price point may be a little higher than some other options on the market.
- The solid wheels may not be as suitable for rough terrain as air-filled tires.
- The weight limit of 220 pounds may not be sufficient for some adult riders.
We’ve been using the HUDORA Scooter for Kids Ages 6-12 for a few months now, and it’s held up really well. The adjustable handlebars are a great feature, as we can easily adjust them to fit our kids’ different heights. The folding system is also really convenient, as we can easily store it in the trunk of our car or take it on public transportation.
One thing to note is that the solid wheels may not be as suitable for rough terrain as air-filled tires. However, we haven’t had any issues with them on smooth surfaces like sidewalks and pavement.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the HUDORA Scooter for Kids Ages 6-12 to anyone looking for a durable and reliable scooter for their kids. It’s a bit pricier than some other options on the market, but we think it’s worth the investment for the quality and convenience it provides.
If you’re looking for a versatile scooter for your child that can grow with them, the LaScoota 2-in-1 Kids Kick Scooter is a great option.
- The 2-in-1 design allows your child to sit or stand on the scooter, making it suitable for younger and older children.
- With four adjustable handlebar heights, the scooter can grow with your child, accommodating them as they get taller.
- The Lean-to-Steer technology helps children develop their balance and coordination while providing a smooth ride.
- Removing the seat can be a bit awkward and requires a screwdriver.
- The wide back wheel can wear down unevenly after braking, resulting in a bumpy ride.
- The handlebar may not stay up when lifted, which can be frustrating for some children.
We were impressed with the LaScoota 2-in-1 Kids Kick Scooter’s design and functionality. The seat is easy to remove with a durable screw, and the handlebars can adjust to four different heights, making it suitable for children of various ages. The Lean-to-Steer technology is a nice touch, allowing children to steer the scooter by leaning instead of turning the handlebars. Plus, the three wheels provide extra stability, and the anti-slip deck ensures your child stays safe while riding.
One downside is that removing the seat can be awkward and requires a screwdriver, which may not be convenient for some parents. Additionally, the wide back wheel can wear down unevenly after braking, resulting in a bumpy ride. Finally, the handlebar may not stay up when lifted, which can be frustrating for some children.
Overall, we think the LaScoota 2-in-1 Kids Kick Scooter is a great choice for parents looking for a versatile scooter that can grow with their child. With its adjustable handlebars, 2-in-1 design, and Lean-to-Steer technology, this scooter is sure to provide hours of fun for your child.
If you’re looking for a safe and fun scooter for your little one, then the Kicksy Wheels Kids Scooter might be just what you need.
- The light-up wheels are amazing and provide a super cool effect during day and nighttime, making it fun for kids to ride.
- It’s easy to assemble and disassemble with no tools needed, making it convenient for storage and transportation.
- The 3 wheel design turns by leaning, which is more intuitive for toddlers and young kids developing balance and coordination skills.
- The lights on the wheels may stop working after a few months of use.
- The handlebar height may be too low for taller kids.
- The wheels are made of solid polyurethane, which may not provide as smooth a ride as air-filled tires.
We recently got the Kicksy Wheels Kids Scooter for our 4-year-old daughter, and she loves it! The light-up wheels are a huge hit and make it fun for her to ride both indoors and outdoors. Assembly was a breeze, and we were able to get it ready for her to ride in just a few minutes. We appreciate the adjustable handlebar height, which allows her to use the scooter for years to come. The scooter is also lightweight and easy for her to carry on her own.
One downside we noticed is that the lights on one of the wheels stopped working after a few months of use. While this didn’t affect the functionality of the scooter, it was a bit disappointing for our daughter. Additionally, taller kids may find the handlebar height to be a bit low, which could lead to discomfort during prolonged use. Finally, the solid polyurethane wheels may not provide as smooth a ride as air-filled tires, so keep that in mind if you plan to use the scooter on rough terrain.
Overall, we highly recommend the Kicksy Wheels Kids Scooter as a fun and safe option for young kids to develop their balance and coordination skills.
If you’re looking for a durable and lightweight scooter for your child, the Razor A Kick Scooter is a great choice.
- The aluminum construction makes it lightweight and easy to carry around.
- The folding mechanism allows for quick and easy storage.
- The handlebars are adjustable, so you can set them to the perfect height for your child.
- The rear-fender brake may not be as effective as other types of brakes.
- The urethane wheels may wear down faster than other types of wheels.
- The weight limit of 143 pounds may be too low for older or heavier children.
We recently purchased this scooter for our 7-year-old daughter, and she loves it. The scooter is easy to assemble and adjust, and it’s very lightweight, which makes it easy for her to carry around. The folding mechanism works well, and the scooter fits easily in the trunk of our car. The adjustable handlebars are a nice feature, as we were able to set them to the perfect height for our daughter.
The rear-fender brake is a bit less effective than other types of brakes, but it still works well enough for our daughter. The urethane wheels are also holding up well, but we’ve noticed that they may wear down faster than other types of wheels. The weight limit of 143 pounds is a bit low for older or heavier children, but it’s perfect for our daughter.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Razor A Kick Scooter for any child who wants a lightweight and durable scooter for cruising around the neighborhood.
When choosing the best scooter for kids, there are several factors to consider. Here are some important features to look for:
The first thing to consider is the age range of the scooter. Scooters are designed for different age groups, and it’s important to choose one that is appropriate for your child. Look for scooters that are labeled for the appropriate age range.
Another important factor is the weight limit of the scooter. Make sure to choose a scooter that can support your child’s weight. It’s important to note that weight limits can vary widely, so be sure to check the specifications before making a purchase.
Safety should always be a top priority when choosing a scooter for kids. Look for scooters that have features such as a sturdy frame, a non-slip deck, and reliable brakes. Helmets and other protective gear should also be worn at all times.
The size of the wheels is another important consideration. Larger wheels provide better stability and a smoother ride, while smaller wheels are more maneuverable. Consider the type of terrain your child will be riding on when choosing the wheel size.
If you need to transport the scooter or store it in a small space, consider choosing a scooter that is foldable. This feature allows the scooter to be easily stored in a trunk or closet.
Finally, consider the price of the scooter. While it’s important to choose a high-quality scooter that will last, it’s also important to stay within your budget. Look for scooters that offer a good balance of features and affordability.
Avery brings the magic of words to life at Toddler Ride On Toys. As a dedicated writer, she combines her love for writing with her fascination for child development to craft articles that resonate with our audience. With a background in journalism and a knack for storytelling, Avery’s pieces inform, engage, and inspire parents and caregivers.